Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lights, Cameras, Action


Well I am spending much of this week doing something I never thought I would do. Direct a movie! While big named directors can boast about the big names they have filmed and how much money they have raked in, I bet that they can't say they ever directed a film with a cast and crew of 25 children ranging from Kindergarten to Sixth grade.

So yeah. That is what I am doing this week. Basically my church group decided to run "minicamps" this summer instead of a VBS program. Since our church meets at a YMCA we are working in the late afternoon to add a series of speacial programs. I chose to head-up a movie making camp.

Really I must be nuts. These kids are pretty hard to work with and they like to expel energy. But anyway, they are learning new things, using cool, expensive equipment, and make new friends.

Sunday after our church service (and after I spend all weekend editing the film) we will screen the film with the kids. Then they are offered a complimentary limo ride to feel like big stars. After that, I am going home and crashing hard for many hours. Maybe I can post some of the movie online.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Chad Doerr said...

I love the idea! Way to think outside the box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home