Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sad, sad, and very sad...


I will get to the sad part in just a minute...

One of my favorite bands of all time is the rarely heard Blackball. I have not found much information about this band other than a CD I bought years ago entitled "Hope". But their music is fresh to me. On my way to work in the mornings, I jam to the Red-Hot-Chili-Pepper/Faith-No-More-ish track "Just Don't Know".

What I love the most are their lyrics. I will refer to their songs in many posts as they have some good truths for the sake of summary.

Which leads me to today's thought... "christians" that protest funerals of soldiers. (I won't use a capital "c" for those that obviously haven't figured it out yet.)

"The clock strikes down and the people are free, but what they do with their freedom is what comes sweeping over me" - Blackball

Here we are in a land of obscene freedom. I mean, I don't think I could imagine any more freedom than what exist in the USA. But please, would we have this freedom with out any of our wars? Of course not!

So lets live in ACLU heaven for a second (don't worry I won't leave you there).
Step 1) We pull US forces out of all foreign countries.
Step 2) We disband our military and just rely on unarmed police officers for keeping the local law.
Step 3) We are IMMEDIATELY attacked by just about every country in the eastern hemisphere.
Step 4) Mexico takes the western coast of the US because they have guns and our policemen do not (per step 2).
Step 5) Strangely enough our new "American" Flag looks a lot like China's.
Step 6) "christianity" is outlawed.
Step 7) Hmmm... don't have to worry about US troops but you'd be shot dead if you try to protest anything as a "christian".

All that to say I am proud of those that fight for my freedom everyday. Whether you be in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, or even our Police forces, THANK YOU! You keep me alive and protect my family. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I am a Christian and I work to spread the message of Jesus Christ to other people in the US and the world. The longer I am protected the more I can do to share this wonderful message. Seems to me like the "christians" complaining about the troops are not only evil to cast judgement on all people (what a sad "gospel") but they are wasting their time they should be telling people about Christ's forgiveness that is salvation. James 3: 9,10, "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be."

The Bible seems to do anything but justify men cursing the actions of other men. We just don't have time for that. So says James, so says Blackball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home