Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Do You Believe in Prayer?


I do. Although I am not sure I have to test my faith of prayer. I just do it. I pray all the time. And right now more than ever. Before Hallie was born the doctors thought that she might have an ubstruction in her left kidney and that we should have it checked out after she was born. So she is twleve days old and we took here to the hospital today for an ultrasound. The team there was able to assure us that there is some sort of blockage issue with here kidney but unfortunately something else was detected nearby. It appears for now that Hallie also has a lesion in her liver. We have to wait until Friday to have an MRI performed to be certain of anything but I am spirtually on my knees right now out of a desire to have my Father heal my baby and out of a weakness and trembling of the unknown. I am trying to keep emotions at bay until I have more information but fears are creaping up around my wife and me. Hallie is so pretty and so happy. It is hard to imagine that anything terrible could be happening inside of her body.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your love that is powerful and so much more than just an emotion. Thank You for giving us Hallie no matter what trials our family may face. We trust in You with everything that comes are way. You are here with this family and You will never leave us. We cast our anxiety on to You and ask that Your will would be done in the midst of our fears. Give me strength to be strong for my family. Please heal Hallie's body by any means You desire. Please be gracious to us beyond what we deserve.

We love You and by the authority and power of Jesus Christ I bow before Your throne.

Amen.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Our prayers are with you.

Kelly (Carr)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Chad Doerr said...

I'll be praying for Hallie and for mom and dad as so much is out of your control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home