Thursday, August 17, 2006

Are You Ready...


Yes, it is Fantasy Football time and I am once again joining the geeky side of the NFL. Tomorrow Night I make the annual trek to Avon, IN to participate in the time honored Fantasy Football draft. We combine the evening with many hours of computer gaming and pizza. It is our last attachment to the glory days of college life. I'm in a keeper league but since I lost last year you can imagine that doesn't exactly work into my favor.

According to brief research I have done, the first Fantasy sport was Fantasy Golf and that started in the late '50s. Somewhere in the '60s an owner of the Oakland Raiders helped start up a little league with some buddys. Back then, of course, the scored everything manually.

Well hopfully when I wake up on Saturday morning I won't ache from bad decisions (or pizza).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home